Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Trunk show and more




What great weather to be inside sewing (or planning a new quilt).Thursday night I'm the guest tutor at Hobbysew at Kings Park for their first Club Night. I'll have a trunk show of my quilts and a short talk on my favourite techniques etc. Come along if you're able - 7-9pm at the shop. There'll be supper and everything!


Helen in my Friday class has been so busy with a quilt for her niece(?) from a collection of oriental fabrics she has. Isn't it beautiful and her sewing is so exact - well done that girl. Does that sound like her friend Susan?

Off to my Bathurst class this Sunday - now that will be cold. Lucky Anni has the heater on for us. I'm allowed to take the new car for the day - the first time I drove it I came home with a cracked windscreen. You can imagine the reception! Never mind - it's only a car.

Things are really hotting up for my daughter's wedding in 6 weeks. I've been mother-of-the-bride shopping which is not an easy task for me. I can do casual but dressy is quite difficult.
It will be a fantastic day for all the family - lots of relos and friends. We're just hoping for good weather as the ceremony is outside.
Do you like the star quilt? I've been playing with EQ5 a have come up with some amazing designs by dropping blocks into an eight-pointed star. Stay tuned for more.
I've had a steady number of lookers from Australia and the world - please leave me a comment so I can return the favour.

3 comments:

  1. Love the star, it is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris - love the star shapes. I can imagine this done with black and white prints plus one bright colour.

    ReplyDelete