Sunday, August 2, 2009

Inspiration


Check out the latest issue of Australian Homespun (No 75) for my Texas Wheel quilt. I collected SEVERAL reproduction fabrics on the Houston trip last year and made this using SOME of them. Do you think the corner applique looks like Rudolph!!

My Tuesday night handwork has resulted in this gem with lots of fussy cutting around the outside edge. But I am really stuck as to what to do on it next. I've looked at lots of old hexagon quilts and am still not inspired. Maybe it should just sit and brew for a while?
I drove to Bathurst yesterday for a busy class with machine quilting, new york beauties and mariners all happening at the same time. It really makes the day go quickly!


This is Petah's finished quilt with a peeper strip and even mitred corners. She was very excited with the end result and it will certainly warm up those cold Orange winter nights.






Susan from my Friday class has made this wallhanging using mainly Jinny Beyer fabrics, Doesn't it look like a leadlight window.
And Sue has expanded the Noodle Box pattern to make a full size quilt for her son (?). She even draughted her own border templates to get the required size - well done.
The Quilters Guild Friday showcase is on this Friday - Jennifer Corkish is the featured quilter. I don't have a class on so guess where I'm going? 10am at the Pitt St office if anyone's interested.
I was booked for a 2 day class at Quiltsmith this coming weekend but it failed to materialise for whatever reason so we'll be busy speed cleaning for all the visitors on the wedding weekend. How wonderful it will be to catch up with people I haven't seen for years! Wish us well with the weather - it's been glorious the last week - I even dragged myself away from the machine to do some gardening!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, You sound busy, I have tried to reach u thru email and it wont send, dont want to phone,but must know, re Berrima Class- Are the large circles covered with colour or background?
    Do they show? by the way , Mariners madness -my email ednabyrne@bigpond.com. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,I can see Rudolph.. at first I was thinking who is Rudolph!Sue's extension of the Noodle Box looks great. I love foundation piecing beats doing Hexagon stars..by hand I have one left to do for my version of Hexagon Magic..then to appilque it all onto the backing...keep up the good work with your blog

    Cheers Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Texas Wheel quilt is very good! Love the colors and the design.

    ReplyDelete