Wednesday, March 10, 2010

One thing leads to another

Have I been sewing lately? NO! because I've been doing this. Emptying my sewing room in preparation for the new carpet - wasn't that a job and a half. How can someone have so much fabric and stuff? Then we ripped up the old carpet and found a corner of the floor was rotten where water had come in. Behind the gyprok in that corner the studs had rotted as well! And while the room was empty why not paint it. I must admit it will be so much nicer when it's finished and imagine if we hadn't opened up the floor!

On a much happier note here is my Spring Swap for Erica in the US organised by Corry and her sister at Dutch Blue. It is a big cushion cover made using the Dresden ruler I've been talking about lately. I included a couple of fat quarters and a pattern of mine and I'm so glad Erica liked it. The swap was great fun and it was lovely talking to someone from so far away about all things quilty and more. My swap from Erica will be here soon - can't wait.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh! I like this cushion cover! and I like the colour of the walls in your sewing Room. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- that's so exciting about fixing up and painting your sewing room -- it's going to be fabulous and I love the windows. It's lucky you found the problem areas in time.

    Your cushion cover is so pretty -- I love the Dresden pattern with all those prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very pretty cushion cover you made for Erica. I love the little buttons on the points and the yoyo in the middle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris! I see I've missed a LOT on your blog! I'm going to have to catch up here soon. Have I mentioned how much I love my gift? :D

    ReplyDelete