Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A gift

This is a new version of one of the blocks from my circle sampler (which is pinned and waiting to be quilted).
I enlarged the centre from an EQ7 block to measure 32" across and printed the foundations - too easy!
The stunning centre is an embroidery given to me by Nerida from Ribbons and Rainbows in Blackheath.
She saw it in an op-shop for $1 and bought it for me. What a lovely friend she is.
Before I even thought about sewing this I found the amazing background fabric locally
and after the centre was completed there it was on my shelf waiting to be a star in this new project.
This is a close-up of that beautiful embroidery. Why on black I wonder? Was it maybe going to be a cushion? Whatever the plan it is now out there for all to see and appreciate.
All's good in the fallen tree dept. It is being removed Wednesday and the neighbour's insurance covers all but our half of a few new fence panels. Can you believe it!
Now a few class pics.

Alice's 10 deg wedge ruler quilt

Lurley's stunning NYB

Check out that centre fabric in Sonia's quilt

3 comments:

  1. I know in every comment on your blog I say "wow" but Wow!!!! That top is so so so amazing!!! The centre is an absolute treasure!!! You were up earlier than me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piece with the embroidery is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created a simply stunning block, Chris! And isn't Nerida a thoughtful friend - I really enjoyed meeting her when I visited her shop back at the end of June (and she was keen to show me all your beautiful quilt samples too!)

    ReplyDelete