Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm home!

What a great two weeks it's been. First to Toowoomba for my two days of classes. The girls really sewed their hearts out and produced some stunning pieces by Friday afternoon. Lisa was the best hostess ever. Talk about organised for teachers and students alike. The catering by the church ladies was gourmet standard and we all ate way too much. Every time we turned around it was time for more food!
These were left from Kathy Doughty's classes - fabulous.



How's this stunner from Peggy who came all the way from Emerald - 8 hours drive - to attend the week of classes

This background fabric in several colourways proved very popular for several Mariners

I might have even bought some of the green version!

This wasn't all Bronwyn made over the two days but she sure was happy with it.

Next year's event looks to be even bigger and better and I've been invited back - how cool is that.
Hubby met me in Toowoomba and we spent a week vegeing (??) out in Noosa - bliss. A visit to Eumundi markets is always on the agenda and I came away with the wallet a good deal lighter. Now it's back to work next week on the downhill run to Xmas - perish the thought.

Have you seen the latest issue of Aust Patchwork and Quilting. I have this quilt featured in it as a project for hand-piecing.
The quilt includes a lot of kimono fabric which I purchased from KimoYES in Canberra. Beautiful original pieces from Japan and the prices are very reasonable with lots of choice. It's hard to resist I can tell you. Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. I just love this quilt you have featured in the magazine.
    I sure hope I can get that magazine here in the USA.
    just beautiful, love how you see different things in the quilt, the fabrics make the blocks look different
    LOVE that!
    oh the blocks are beautiful all of them, Pennys is stunning as that black fabric just makes the colors stand out so much!
    love her choice of fabrics, now tell me why I stay away from using black as a background?
    thanks for sharing loved visiting your blog again today
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete