Friday, January 7, 2011

I love cherries

My good friend Rachael has passed an award my way - the first I've ever received. Scroll down her blog to find the kind words she's said about me and two other bloggers she likes.


Cherry on Top Award

As part of the award I must tell you three things I like and tag three blogs I like.

I really like quilts made using Japanese prints.
This is Helen's quilt - I'm sure she won't mind you looking at it.

And because I've just been there I really like to be beside the sea.
Under that frangipani tree with a good book and
the occasional swim - perfect!


I really, really like quilt history books and this one is a beauty
(pity about the pic)

Now to three blogs I can pass the Cherry award to? How about Di at Snippets and Scraps. She does a ton of good work with her quilting groups and has a wicked sense of humour to boot.
I also like Mamie Jane's where she repurposes heaps of old stuff into useful things. Anyone who knows me knows I'm into "junk" and love a good op-shop find!
And lastly I look at Ann Champion's blog with great interest. She has an amazing collection of antique and vintage quilts and quilt tops and has a little show-and-tell on a regular basis.
So thanks Rachael for the award and have a look at my favourite blogs - you might find something interesting too.
On another note I found this link to more tutorials, this time thru the Sew mama sew blog. It's on Katie Pedersen's blog and contains something for everyone I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award! It's fun to see your answers to the question. And "here, here" for Di J at SnippetsnScraps! She's warm and giving, her writing makes me giggle, and I've been blessed to get to know her and call her my friend. She's definitely worthy of that award too. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,
    Thank you so much for passing on the Cherry on Top Award to me. It's always nice to meet someone else who loves junk!!
    I really admire all of you that quilt. It is such a beautiful art form. My mother has made several quilts but it is something I have never tried.
    Thank you again.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You so deserve the award for your wonderful blog.
    I've now found 3 new interesting blogs to read!! Reading books under frangipani trees by the ocean sounds like a dream!!

    ReplyDelete