Saturday, April 23, 2011

On the road 2

From a class at Jukejema Quilting Barn in Nowra

More Lots of dots from Berrima - only one more class to go

Hobbysew in Canberra - such enthusiastic students!

Pippa's hexagons! She obviously has way too much spare time!

Sue from Canberra's Featherweight machine. It sewed like a dream all day and is so beautiful.

Something I've been working on lately. A real scrap-buster.

Have you seen the latest issue of Aust Patchwork and Quilting? My son's quilt is a project in it.
He's still complaining about not having it to sleep under! Won't be long now Stu.
I been days sorting "stuff" for my stall at the Springwood Quilt Show. Fabric, patterns, bric-a-brac and all things quilty. Please call by and say hello next Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous post -- the photos of all the circular blocks are just gorgeous (they remind me of the colorful spinning tops we got in our Christmas stockings), and the scrap-buster quilt is amazing. I think it would be perfect for some of my vintage quilt pieces.

    Congratulations on getting your quilt published -- I love that magazine, and your son's quilt is wonderful. I'm sure he'll be happy to have it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris you simply MUST publish a pattern for the circular blocks, I've really fallen in love with those designs. I'm really enjoying the pics you've posted on them, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning blocks! The little Featherlite sewing machine is such a sweetie!! Love your Scrapbuster quilt, I'm putting that on my to-do list. I remember seeing your Claw Hammer Quilt on Barbara Brackmans blog when she was showcasing the CH block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, what a beautiful quilt for your son - lucky boy. The stash buster looks great too - looking forward to and can't wait for our next class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know Chris, I would love to take one of your classes. I bet the students have a ton of fun, and how neat to see how each block turns out! Congrats to your son! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete