Monday, December 5, 2011

Nearly xmas!

Judy who lives near The Rock in southern NSW sent me this pic of her version of my Pretty in Purple pattern. Looks great in Japanese reds and navys doesn't it. I love it when you send me pics and especially when you've made the quilt your own by varying the fabric/layout or whatever.


Two NYB quilts in the making from Bathurst on Saturday. The one on the left is batiks - soft and almost pretty while the one on the right has lots of oomph - purple and black.
Barbara has finished her Lots of Dots that was started early in the year at Jukejema in Nowra. She has quilted it herself - can you see the circles around each block? And her label below is from leftover bits of other blocks - very clever. Love that ric rac!


This beauty is the first block in a Noodle Box version from my Hobbysew class. That fish fabric is just perfect.

Finally added a border to my Buzz saw quilt which I think complements the centre. I bought the border fabric before I made the centre and then went to the stash looking for something and there it was! Just waiting for this project. Goes to show if you buy fabric you like when you see it, it will come in handy down the track. That's my theory anyway.

Sent my Chocolate Stars off to Homespun magazine today - won't come out in the mag til Xmas-in-July issue next year - sorry.
Xmas get-togethers are happening all this week and the teaching year is winding down. It's been a very busy one for me and next year looks even busier with lots of away gigs - all fun! After a beachy break over xmas it's back to the sewing machine and computer and I'm hoping to get a head start on what's coming up next year. Hope you have a rest too!

2 comments:

  1. I love that Chocolate stars quilt. Hope I can find the magazine when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those beauties! I love your buzz saw quilt! I know you'll enjoy your holiday break.

    ReplyDelete