Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back into it

The new teaching year has started with a bang. Two weeks of summer school at Hobbysew and these are some of the amazing mariners compasses as a result. Let's hope they turn into something even more spectacular.

 This was my part of "booth" at the Meet-the-teacher day at Hobbysew on Saturday. I met lots of happy quilters all keen to check out the tutors and sign up for a new class.
 We had two days on two different blocks from the Lots of Dots quilt - how good are these.
 Debi sent me this pic of her NYB quilt in yellows and greys. It was quite a while in the making but well worth the effort don't you think.
 Our raffle quilt for the Springwood Quilt Show is out and about now with tickets on sale in various Blue Mountains quilt shops. Check out the show blog for more pics and news on the show.
Only 92 days till it kicks off!
Have you seen latest issue of Quilters Companion magazine number 53?
In it you'll find the pattern for my quilt The Gift - foundation piecing (how unusual) and featuring a large embroidery in the centre. Great wall-hanging size or add borders for a larger quilt.
I'm off to Hobbysew Belconnen this weekend for another Mariners workshop so there'll be more wonderful pics next time.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, all those compasses look amazing!! So many different combinations and they all look wonderful!!I like the photo of your Hobby Sew stand, I bet that tempted lots of new students. I'm so looking forward to seeing the raffle quilt in real life, Suzy's quilting looks wonderful. The Gift is such a beautiful quilt - it's so good of you to put the pattern in the magazine - a gift to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful blocks. I wish I was in Australia and could take a class but I am happy to be able to admire them from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make the most precise and beautiful quilts. And you must be a very accomplished teacher as your students always seem to have learned the technique very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! they all look so different. Just gorgeous!! The classes were great fun, and very educational. I feel like I learnt so much more about paper piecing....doesn't mean I won't "unsew" from time to tome though :)
    Looking forward to getting more of these type of blocks done.

    ReplyDelete