Monday, December 8, 2014

Summer School/s

After the Xmas rush is over and all's back to normal how about some sewing at a Summer School?
I'm doing two different ones in January and this is the first one.
It's my Strippy Sampler quilt, made using a variety of different techniques.
There's "made fabric", curved piecing, foundation piecing, wonky flying geese, a traditional circle block and a wonky zig zag block with a touch of applique.
It's a fun project and held over two days at Hobbysew Kings Park (Blacktown) on 13 and 14th January.
You'll have a go at the techniques in all the strips so give the shop a ring if you're interested.
 
The next Summer School class is at Quiltsmith in Annandale.
On Friday 16th January you can come along and tackle this block from my Scrappy Windmills quilt.

You can make it by hand - English or American piecing - or by machine and it looks great in all sorts of fabrics.
You'll receive the pattern for the whole quilt on the day so contact the shop to book in.

 
After that very busy week I'll be getting ready to head to TOKYO!! for the Tokyo Quilt Show.
Can't really believe its happening.
Happy Xmas to all who read this blog - not many people comment so I really don't know who I'm talking to! How about you leave me a comment THIS time and that will tell me I'm not talking to the wild blue yonder.
 

18 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, love the quilts and wish I was up your way to join your classes. You have a lovely Christmas and enjoy the Tokyo Quilt Show, how lovely. Lyn 😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waving from over here!! A great read today..and happy Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I know the feeling about writhing to "nobody" But I read your posts everytime!! I would love to take your classes, but it is a bit far....... I have your Scrappy Windmill pattern, but haven`t started yet!! But I will. Lucky you traveling to Japan. We were talking about it too ( Some from my quiltguilt) but nothing happend!! But one day. A lot is treveling to Houston from Norway, but I think we are so worried about managing the language!? I would love to read about your experience afterward!! Happy Christmas too!! Anne Kari, Oslo, Norway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Christmas Chris! I will give your scrappy windmills class some thought. I'm looking for a hand project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both quilts....Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. The classes for these quilts will be full in no time! How awesome to really be going to Tokyo for the quilt show. I know it will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry christmas and have a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so intrigued by your quilts. Your use of color and fabrics is so refreshing. You are not out here alone. I have forwarded your blog to many of my friends. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quilts very much but they are looking a bit challenging. It would require full attention while working on them. You have chosen very colorful designs for your project and it must have been interesting to working on them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love samplers just because everything is in there! And Scrappy Windmills - I know that pattern! Have a great Christmas and a fab time in Tokyo! No - you're not talking to the wide blue yonder! x Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello from the wild blue. I'm afraid I don't comment much because it doesn't work very well from the iPad, which is where I read blogs. In fact, I tried a couple of times yesterday, gave up and now I'm on my desktop computer. (Can that be considered rocking it old school?) I'm a faithful reader despite the lack of communication. Looking forward to your posts about Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chris
    Thanks for the great blog. I am one of the regular readers in the wild blue yonder. Thanks for another year of thrilling classes - or did we agree to change that to " fully sick, man - wicked" have a happy and creative break. Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful, happy colors in these quilts! I'd travel half way around the world for a class if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Christmas..... I read my blogs through a reader and don't often comment because to comment I have to back up to the beginning and click on the original post and by that time I have second thoughts about what I was going to say... Would love to do Summer School - you are on the wrong continent so I will look forward to YOUR trip to Tokyo !!! The strip quilt is very ambitions for a two day workshop.... so many interesting techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chris, I read your blogs but can't comment as I have had difficulty with the "blog" accounts that are listed in the Comment as box. Hoping this comment gets through cyberspace. Perhaps other readers have the same trouble as me. Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, look at that. Comment published. Woo Hoo.

    ReplyDelete